Call for nominations
The Society regularly seeks new members to join its committees to help shape the future of endocrinology.
Committee members also help to advance their own careers by sharing their expertise, further developing leadership skills and working with other leaders in the field.
We are indebted to those who volunteer their time and expertise in order to carry out the activities of committees. Details of the work of each committee can be found within their remits on the specific committee pages.
Key committee member responsibilities:
- Attending all or most committee meetings which normally take place in London 2-3 times a year
- The Society will reimburse travel expenses
- Typical length of committee meeting is 2-3 hours
- Members are notified of meeting dates 9-12 months in advance
- Meeting agenda and papers are circulated 1-2 weeks in advance of meeting
- Upon election, new members are provided with the minutes of the last meeting
- Being available for consultation on committee-related matters in between meetings, primarily by email
The term of office of an elected member on most committees is 4 years.
Committee vacancies from January 2019
Members may apply themselves or nominate other members.
Please complete and return the form below by 28 September 2018.
Further details particular to each committee vacancy can be found below and the full remits are available on the relevant Committee pages.
Corporate Liaison Committee
The role has a 3 year term, we will be selecting members who are able to foster partnerships and collaborations between the Society and industry for mutually beneficial projects which further patient care and education. Visit the Corporate Liaison Committee page for a full remit and details of current committee members.
Early Career Steering Group
The term of office is 3 years. We have vacancies for a scientist member either working towards a PhD or up to 7 years post-PhD, and for a clinician member at least 3 years pre-completion of clinical training. Visit the Early Career Steering Group for a full remit and details of current group members.
The role has a 4 year term. Nominations are particularly sought from members to represent the Bone and Calcium Endocrine Network and the Neuroendocrinology Endocrine Network. Visit the Science Committee page for a full remit and details of current committee members.