Become a schools outreach volunteer
Sign up to become a schools outreach volunteer and share your passion for endocrinology and your STEM career journey with students across the UK through virtual outreach sessions.
Our aim is to bring dynamic, passionate and expert Society members into classrooms across the UK, to broaden career awareness and share our passion for endocrinology with students. Join our mission and sign up to take part in our brand new outreach initiative and help us bridge the gap between schools and STEM professionals.
What does it involve?
- You will be added to our list of volunteers for one year
- We will contact you when new sessions become available and you can select the date and time that suits you
- We’ll provide details about the school and class, as well as a suggested structure for your talk and tips on managing a live Q&A, moderated by the teacher
- You will be supported by a Society team member for all sessions
What does a typical session look like?
- You will join a national curriculum key stage 3-4 class via a virtual platform such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom
- The session will begin with an introduction to who you are, what you do and how you became an endocrinologist. This will be followed by a Q&A session, moderated by the teacher
- Students may ask anything about your job or your own STEM journey from school to university and the work place
- Some schools may request specific topics for the speaker to cover, usually these are linked to the curriculum and such sessions will be identified when the call for volunteers is sent
Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or ask questions.
If you have a contact in a school who might be interested in a virtual session please let us know.