CHANGES AT THE ENDOCRINOLOGIST
Thank you, Lisa Nicholas, for all your great work on this magazine! Lisa’s term on the Editorial Board finished at the end of 2018. Any Society member who is interested in contributing to The Endocrinologist, either as an author or as a member of the Editorial Board, is invited to email email@example.com for more details.
APPLY FOR EARLY CAREER PRIZE LECTURES
Apply now for the chance to present your work to the wider endocrine community at the Society for Endocrinology BES conference 2019 in Brighton. Successful applicants also receive a £750 honorarium and publish an article on their work in The Endocrinologist. You must submit your abstract by 30 April. See www.endocrinology.org/grants-and-awards/prizes-and-awards/early-career-prize-lectures.
SfE BES VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
Don’t miss our selection of plenaries, ‘how do I’ sessions and masterclasses from SfE BES 2018, available to watch online now at www.endocrinology.org/events/sfe-bes-conference/sfe-bes-2018/videos-from-sfe-bes-2018.
SUPPORT TO ENGAGE NON-EXPERTS
Public Engagement Grants of up to £1000 are available to support Society members’ outreach activities. You need to apply by 27 March. Find out more at: www.endocrinology.org/grants-and-awards/grants/public-engagement-grant.
INSPIRE THE NEXT GENERATION
With a Society Summer Studentship, you could fund an undergraduate student to gain experience in your lab this summer. The application deadline is 13 March. Find out more at www.endocrinology.org/grants-and-awards/grants/summer-studentships.
HERE’S HELP TO BOOST YOUR CAREER
Don’t miss these approaching deadlines for Society grants, which are available to help fund your research, travel or lab equipment:
- A Travel Grant can help you meet and engage with the endocrine community worldwide: apply by 13 March.
- With a Regional Clinical Cases Meeting Grant, you could organise a local meeting to share recent and interesting endocrine cases: apply by 3 April.
- A Practical Skills Grant would help you forge new collaborations or learn skills by funding a visit to another lab or attendance at a workshop: apply by 10 April.
- The Society’s Early Career Grants provide financial support to boost your research: apply by 15 May.
- An Equipment Grant could buy vital equipment for your laboratory: apply by 15 May.
- Endocrine Nurse Grants help fund projects that enhance nursing clinical practice: apply by 15 May.
Visit www.endocrinology.org/grants-and-awards for full details of how to apply, and for more Society funding opportunities.