Leadership & Development Awards Programme
Designed to recognise and nurture emerging talent in endocrinology to become the future leaders of our discipline.
This programme was devised as part of the Society’s strategy to advance and support endocrinology and will provide a wide range of opportunities and support for early career endocrinologists to enable them to develop naturally into future leaders of our discipline.
The Award will be for three years, starting on the 1 November each year.
The deadline for this this year's round of applications is now closed.
- The Awards Programme is open to Society members, who have been a paid member for at least one year
- Applicants must be either a Scientist-in-Training, Clinician-in-Training or Full Member at the time of application (Student, Senior and Honorary Members are not eligible to apply)
To be eligible for the Leadership and Development Awards Programme 2019 you must fit within one of the following categories at start date of the Award (1 November 2019)
- Scientists: <10 years post PhD with at least 3 publications as first, co-first or as senior author
- Clinical Academics: currently undertaking an MD or PhD or <6 years from completion of MD or PhD with at least 3 publications as first, co-first or as senior author
- Clinicians-in-Practice: up to 12 years from attainment of MBBS with at least 3 publications as first, co-first or as senior author (Clinicians-in-Practice may include Clinical Cases)
All categories may take one year of parental leave per child into account.
Please note, applicants need to be based in the UK for the duration of the Award in order to realise sufficient benefit
How to apply