For attending endocrine meetings or conferences in which members have an active involvement by acceptance of an abstract*.
As a result of the continuing global pandemic, many conferences and events have moved to a virtual platform.
So, Travel Grant funds are now temporarily available to assist with registration fees (up to £300) for virtual, non-Society for Endocrinology conferences with a very high relevance to endocrinology, provided that the applicant is an Early Career Member and has an accepted abstract for an oral or e-poster presentation.
The application process is competitive and a Grants Panel will consider all eligible applications on merit.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Travel Grants for physical meetings will continue to cover registration, travel and accommodation costs and members may apply for up to two grants per year.
- *Abstract submission is not required for Endocrine Nurse Update
- Travel Grants are now paid to individuals rather than institutions
The next deadline for this grant is at 11:59 am GMT on 11 August 2021. The next deadline is 1 December 2021.
From £300 to £850 (see details below)
For virtual events
Travel Grant funds may now be used to assist with registration fees for virtual, non-Society conferences with a very high relevance to endocrinology.
- up to £300 can be applied for
- applicants must be Early Career Members of the Society
- applicants must have an accepted abstract for an oral or e-poster presentation
- the application process is competitive and a Grants Panel will consider all eligible applications on merit
For Endocrine Nurse Update
Early Career Nurse and Full Nurse members are entitled to use their annual overseas grant allowance (up to £750) to attend Endocrine Nurse Update, a part of Endocrine Academy. Early Career Nurse and Full Nurse members may apply for funding to attend ENU immediately after joining the Society for Endocrinology. To make accessing funding easier grants are now reimbursed directly to the recipient’s bank account, post event on submission of receipts.
Funding is also available to support Nurse members who wish to attend selected additional sessions at Endocrine Academy. For example members may request funding for an extra night’s accommodation before for the Advanced Nursing Session.
Abstract submission is not required for Endocrine Nurse Update.
For physical SfE BES, UK Conferences and overseas events
- Subject to the terms below, members may apply for two Travel Grants per year: UK-based members may apply for a grant up to £600 to attend SfE BES and in addition, up to £750 for an overseas conference in Europe, or up to £850 for an overseas conference in the rest of the world. Overseas members may apply for up to £600 to attend SfE BES and up to £500 for another overseas conference.
- Full Members may apply after being a member for one year. Early Career Members may apply after six months' membership (or if the event is the SfE BES conference, members in these membership categories may apply immediately). Full and Early Career Nurse Members applying for a grant to attend the Society's Endocrine Nurse Update may use their allocation of one overseas grant for this purpose and may apply immediately with no requirement for an abstract. Applicants must earn less than £45,000 pa (including income from out of hours duties. London weighting can be excluded) or be trainees not in receipt of any other funding. Trainees should seek funding from their own deaneries in the first instance.
- If applying for a grant to attend another organisation's conference, applicants must have:
- attended a recent SfE BES conference or
- had an article accepted for publication in one of the Society's journals in the last 12 months; the journals are Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology and Endocrine-Related Cancer
How to apply
Apply for a grant online. You will be asked to logon using your Society for Endocrinology membership details.
For physical meeting Travel Grant applications only
- One application for an SfE BES plus one for an overseas conference may be made in any calendar year
- All applicants must be current with their membership subscriptions when applying for and receiving the grant
- Grants cannot be awarded retrospectively
- Evidence of an accepted abstract as an author or co-author must be provided no later than two weeks after the event - this includes SfE BES but excludes the Society’s Endocrine Nurse Update
- We are unable to fund applications from members who are invited speakers
- Funds are awarded on the understanding that they are used for the purpose stated in the application. If support is obtained elsewhere or any part of the grant is unused, the balance should be refunded to the Society for Endocrinology
- As a condition of the grant the applicant must complete a grant questionnaire. This questionnaire will be sent to you with your grant award notification. In both cases, the completed questionnaire should be returned to the Society within 4 weeks of the event
- Successful applicants are expected to pay for their registration, accommodation and travel upfront and the grant monies will then be used to reimburse you based on submitted receipts. We will not reimburse subsistence costs.
- First class travel will not be funded and applicants must endeavour to find the least expensive travel and accommodation costs
- Monies will only be paid into named individual or institutional accounts. Successful applicants will be asked to submit account details at a later date
- Members who have attended the most recent SfE BES will be given priority if budgetary constraints are necessary
- The Grants Panel's decision is final and not subject to appeal
- Honorary, Senior and Student Members may not apply for Travel Grants