Subacute thyroiditis after COVID-19 vaccination
03 Jun 2021
The Society's Clinical Committee request your help to gather data on the occurrence of subacute thyroiditis after COVID-19 vaccination.
Dr William Bennet and colleagues in Sheffield have had a case of subacute thyroiditis develop shortly after viral vector DNA COVID-19 vaccination (Oxford-AZ), and there is a literature report of it occurring following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination. They want to find out your experience of this, to determine if this is a relatively common occurrence that endocrinologists must remain vigilant for.
Submit your responses to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18 June
- Have you seen a case of subacute thyroiditis which developed within 28 days of COVID-19 vaccination? If yes, how many cases?
- Which vaccine was used? Oxford–AstraZeneca/Pfizer/BioNTech/Moderna/Other
- Did thyroiditis occur after the first or second dose:
- How many days after vaccination did it develop:
- TFT results, if available:
- ESR and/or CRP:
- Immunology TRAb or TPO Antibody results:
- Ultrasound results:
- Have you submitted a Yellow Card Scheme report?