Applications open for the Future European Endocrine Leader Rolf Gaillard Award
21 Nov 2019
The Future European Endocrine Leader (FEEL) Rolf Gaillard Award aims to facilitate the exchange of trainees specialising in adult endocrinology within Europe. This is expected to harmonise and improve the training of endocrinologists.
The Section/Board of Endocrinology of the UEMS and Novo Nordisk A/S and Novartis set up the '3E' fellowship program in 2019, which has now been renamed as the Future European Endocrine leader (FEEL)-Rolf Gaillard award.
Up to 9,000 EUR are available to support candidates to complete an assignment at a leading centre in Europe.
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2020.
Depending on the requirement of each individual project the duration of assignment may last up to six months. Whenever possible, the assignment should include both clinical practice and research. Publication should be sought, and if not relevant a report has to be submitted at the end.
The maximum support is EUR 9.000 for six months.
A Section/Board of Endocrinology Committee will select candidates based on:
- Education: minimum of 1 year in the specialty of endocrinology, max. 5 years after completion of training
- At least 1 publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Recommendation from the head of the department
- Language: you should be able to communicate effectively at the centre
- The UEMS Committee will evaluate case-by-case if knowledge of the receiving centre language is necessary
- Motivation proven with a specific project proposal (4-5 pages) including a centre proposal and feasibility letter from the receiving centre
The country of origin as well as the receiving centre should be a country represented in the UEMS Section/Board of Endocrinology.
The budget for the fellowship is limited to 9,000 EUR and can be used to cover salary, travel expenses (one return trip) and potential research expenses such as bench fees.
The fellowship applications should be sent by e-mail to the following address before January 31st of 2020 :
Dr Maeve Durkan, MD
President, UEMS Section/Board of Endocrinology