Council and Committee nominations
The Society regularly seeks new members to join its Council and committees to help shape the future of endocrinology.
We currently have vacancies for members on the Nurse Committee. Please use the nomination form at the bottom of this page.
We seek a range of individuals from all career levels, backgrounds, areas of expertise and locations to bring fresh perspectives and new ideas that represent our diverse membership, champion all facets of endocrinology, and help maximise the impact of the Society for Endocrinology to our members and the wider world.
Read about our Diversity, inclusion and selection processes for all vacancies.
Committee members also help to advance their own careers by sharing their expertise, further developing leadership skills and working with other leaders in the field.
We are indebted to those who volunteer their time and expertise in order to carry out the activities of committees. Details of the work of each committee can be found within their remits on the specific committee pages.
Committee members' key responsibilities:
- Attending all or most committee meetings which normally take place in London 2-3 times a year
- The Society will reimburse travel expenses
- Typical length of committee meeting is 2-3 hours
- Members are notified of meeting dates 9-12 months in advance
- Meeting agenda and papers are circulated 1-2 weeks in advance of meeting
- Upon election, new members are provided with the minutes of the last meeting
- Being available for consultation on committee-related matters in between meetings, primarily by email
The term of office of an elected member on most committees is 4 years.
Members may apply themselves or nominate other members, please complete and return the form below.
Further details particular to each committee vacancy can be found below and the full remits are available on the relevant Committee pages.