Election of Committee Members: General Information
Nominations to replace retiring members of Society Committees are sought. Members may apply themselves or nominate other members.
We aim to maintain a good balance on the committee in terms of gender, subject area and geography.
IMPORTANT – If you are nominating someone else, it is the responsibility of the proposer to consult the nominee as to whether he or she is willing to stand for election.
If your nomination for this position is successful, we will hold your nomination form on our system for the duration of your term of office, after which time, it will be deleted. If you are elected to the committee, we will hold your details on our system for the purpose of corresponding with you about committee-related business. If your nomination is not successful, we will delete this nomination form after 1 year.
A general committee job description can be found under the online form.
Committee member job description
Committee members report to the committee Chair. They are responsible for:
• Providing input into policy proposals within the area of the committee remit
• Providing feedback and advice on the Society’s activities in the area of the committee remit
• Promoting the best interests of the Society, its members and the public
• Attending at least two thirds of committee meetings, unless excused by the Chair
• Taking part in ad hoc working parties as required
• Providing advice and feedback between meetings, as required by the Chair or staff