Election of Committee Members: General Information
Nominations to replace retiring members of Society Committees are sought. Members may apply themselves or nominate other members.
We aim to maintain a good balance on the committee in terms of gender, subject area and geography. Please refer to the committee webpages to see the current composition and demitting members.
IMPORTANT – If you are nominating someone else, it is the responsibility of the proposer to consult the nominee as to whether he or she is willing to stand for election.
A general committee job description can be found under the online form.
Committee member job description
Committee members report to the committee Chair. They are responsible for:
• Providing input into policy proposals within the area of the committee remit
• Providing feedback and advice on the Society’s activities in the area of the committee remit
• Promoting the best interests of the Society, its members and the public
• Attending at least two thirds of committee meetings, unless excused by the Chair
• Taking part in ad hoc working parties as required
• Providing advice and feedback between meetings, as required by the Chair or staff