Call For Cases has now ended
The deadline for cases has now passed.
For any queries regarding cases, please contact the Abstracts Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the value for those who submitted?
- They will present research and share professional experiences that could have a significant impact within the field of endocrinology
- Gain recognition for their work and receive feedback from peers and senior endocrinologists
- Become eligible for one of the eight Society prizes available exclusively to accepted case authors
- All accepted work will be published in Endocrine Abstracts - A Society owned, citable journal of the endocrinology meetings abstracts and cases.
- Accepted cases for presentation will be entitled to a discounted open access publication in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case Reports, a Society for Endocrinology-endorsed online resource.
All authors with cases accepted as poster presentations should bring a physical poster of their work to the Meeting. All physical posters should be printed in A0 size and be presented in portrait orientation. Fixings for your poster will be available to collect from the venue.
Cases are accepted on the understanding that they will be presented at the meeting either as a poster or as an oral communication. At least one author from each accepted case must register and attend the Meeting in order to present.
Any author failing to present an accepted case at this meeting will automatically be excluded from submitting any future cases.
The Programme Committee reserves the right of the final decision regarding acceptance of cases and the form of presentation.
Cases are marked blind (anonymously).
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to authors in February 2020, before the early bird registration deadline.
Detailed instructions concerning oral communications and posters will be emailed to qualifying authors after notification of acceptance.
Please note that the deadline for withdrawals is Friday 21 February 2020. After this date your case will be published in Endocrine Abstracts, even if you do not present at the Meeting.
Prizes will be awarded to the top-scoring oral communications and poster presentations at the Meeting.
The Society for Endocrinology is an endorsing society of Endocrine, Diabetes and Metabolism Case Reports - an online resource, publishing and linking together case reports in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism.
Society for Endocrinology members receive a 25% discount on the article publication charge.
For more information visit Endocrine, Diabetes and Metabolism Case Reports.
Former prize winners
1st - OC9 - Chad Bisamber
Osteoporosis with a raised serum testosterone - an unexpected finding
2nd - OC2 - Giulia Argentesi
[Abstract is unavailable]
3rd - OC1 - Carol Cardona Attard
Virilisation at puberty - a new subtype in the spectrum of NR5A1 mutations
1st - P60 - Mohsin Siddiqui
Hypophosphatemic osteomalacia due to Fanconi's syndrome in a patient with HIV and Hepatitis B coinfection
2nd - P25 - Felicity Burton
3rd - P55 - Juliet Carmichael
Ectopic insulin production complicating pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour (pNET)