Early Career Grant
To provide support to Early Career Members in a variety of ways.
Grants may be awarded for research to gain preliminary data before applying for other external funding and resources for a small project or to finalise a project. This is a non-exclusive list of examples.
Deadlines for this grant are at 11:59 am BST on Wednesday 6 May 2020 and Wednesday 11 November 2020
up to £10,000
- Applications should normally be from post-docs or, in exceptional cases, from applicants within the final year of a PhD; the project should also be one that is distinct from that done during a PhD
- If an applicant is not an academic or academic-related staff member, a letter of support is required by the principal investigator or clinical team leader
- Applications submitted by members at recognised higher education research institute and/or medical institution will be considered
- If there are extenuating circumstances, for instance a career break, please supply details
- Early Career Members may must hold a minimum of six months’ membership
- One of the successful applications at each deadline will be funded by the Society's Marjorie Robinson Fund which supports research into disease of the adrenal and/or pituitary glands
How to apply
Apply for a grant online. You will be asked to logon using your SfE membership details. Below is a summary of the guidelines that markers use in the selection process.
Applications submitted by a member based in a recognised Higher Education Research Institute and/or Medical Institution will be considered