Early Career Grant
To provide support to endocrinologists up to 10 years post-PhD in a variety of ways.
Grants may be awarded for resources to gain preliminary data before applying for other external funding, resources to finalise a project or short term salary funding. This is a non-exclusive list of examples.
Deadlines for this grant are at 11:59 am BST on Wednesday 20 November 2019
up to £10,000
- Applications should normally be from post-docs or, in exceptional cases, from applicants within the final year of a PhD; the project should also be one that is distinct from that done during a PhD
- Applicants are normally academic or academic-related staff members. If not, a letter of support is required by the principal investigator or clinical team leader
- Applications submitted by members at recognised Higher Education Research Institute and/or Medical Institution will be considered
- Applicants must be Society members, within 10 years of completion of their postgraduate However, if there are extenuating circumstances, for instance a career break, please supply details
- Full, Associate and Nurse Members must hold a minimum of one year’s membership. Scientist-in-Training and Clinician-in-Training Members may must hold a minimum of six months’ membership
- One of the successful applications at each deadline will be funded by the Society's Marjorie Robinson Fund which supports research into disease of the adrenal and/or pituitary glands
How to apply
Apply for a grant online. You will be asked to logon using your SfE membership details. Below is a summary of the guidelines that markers use in the selection process.
Applications submitted by a member based in a recognised Higher Education Research Institute and/or Medical Institution will be considered