For members looking to establish a laboratory and purchase vital equipment to further their research.
Equipment grants can be awarded for pieces of equipment, part pieces of larger equipment or basic lab items (excluding consumables). Equipment service or maintenance costs can be included if justified appropriately.
Up to two grants are offered per year; a member may receive one grant of this type during their career.
Deadlines for this grant are at noon on Wed 23 May 2018 and Wed 28 November 2018.
Valueup to £10,000
- The grant is aimed at those in a first lectureship or those holding a charity fellowship and who are not in receipt of a substantial fellowship (defined as £300,000). Relevant Society members with a minimum of one year's membership at the time of the grant deadline are eligible.
- The applicant will hold a personal fellowship or be a newly appointed lecturer (or equivalent) holding a staff contract at a university or research institute, and be establishing their research group
How to apply
Complete the Equipment Grant application form and return it to email@example.com. Useful information to help you apply is available in Equipment Grant marking guidelines.
· Applications submitted by a recognised Higher Education Research Institute and/or Medical Institution will be considered
· Incomplete applications will not be considered
Acceptance of this grant, if awarded, implies that the institution is prepared to meet the full economic costs from its own sources of funding
· The Society requires a 1000 word report from the applicant on the standard report template no later than 12 months after receipt of the grant. The report may be published on the Society's website
· Use of Animals: Awardees are required to complete an animal studies questionnaire
· The applicant is to ensure that any other researchers who benefit from the grant join the Society, ensure that this is followed up and is written into the project briefing. The membership fee may be included in the grant application
· The successful applicants must recognise the award on their departmental website with a link to the Society website for a minimum of six months after receipt of the grant
· Resubmissions are not accepted
· Submission of an Early Career Grant and Equipment Grant application for the same project at the same deadline is not accepted
· Funds awarded are final and must have been used by 12 months after the date awarded
· Funds are awarded on the understanding that they are used for the purpose stated in the application form. If support is obtained elsewhere or any part of the grant is unused, the balance will be refunded to the Society for Endocrinology.
· Grants cannot be awarded retrospectively
· The decision of the Grants Panel is final and not subject to appeal.