Patient Support Travel Grant
To assist approved small charities and patient support groups who work with endocrine-related conditions to attend and exhibit at Society for Endocrinology events.
These grants enable groups to raise awareness of their organisation and activities, network with event delegates and other organisations, and share good practice.
This grant can be used for travel and/or overnight accommodation, depending on the requirement of each group.
Applications should be made at least seven working days prior to the event/conference applicants plan to attend.
Up to £500 per group per year in a single or multiple applications
The organisation must be pre-approved and demonstrate:
- Have a clear endocrine remit; must be actively catering for patients with endocrine conditions
- Must be providing patient support and information
- Must have less than 10 full time staff (or 10 full time equivalent)
- Have evidence of a constitution and, where practical, charity registration. Recently established organisations should supply details of their plans to set up a constitution and, if appropriate, to apply for charitable status.
- Have evidence of good practice, particularly as regards training and quality control
- Have good productivity in terms of the type and quantity of support provided compared to the size of the organisation
- Have an annual income of less than £1,000,000
- Have a national remit to offer patient support over the whole of the UK.
- Have a named medical advisor(s), who is a Society Member, and/or be approved by the Society’s Clinical Committee
How to apply
Please complete a Patient Support Travel Grant application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All receipts after the event should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to the Society for Endocrinology, Starling House, 1600 Bristol Parkway North, Bristol BS34 8YU, UK, marked FAO the Grants team.
- Applicant to complete and submit application form (see below), providing a forecast of travel and accommodation costs or real costs if already purchased
- Grants panel to review application and notify applicant of decision
- If successful, applicant to purchase travel and accommodation (if not done already) and submit receipts in full
- Society for Endocrinology to reimburse travel/accommodation costs as soon as possible. If a forecast is provided and total costs evidenced by receipts exceed those forecast, they may be reimbursed provided this does not exceed the £500 cap placed on any one financial year per group (see below). If total costs are less than those forecast, only the costs evidenced by receipts may be reimbursed.
- Each group is permitted to submit one application only per event
- Each group can apply for a grant to cover a single event, or separate applications for multiple events, provided the total awarded during the Society’s financial year (1 January – 31 December) does not exceed £500.
- These grants are available for attendance at events organised by the Society for Endocrinology only. See http://www.endocrinology.org/meetings/ for further details
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applications that do not fulfil all the criteria outlined above will not be considered
- The decision is final and not subject to appeal
- Evidence of travel/accommodation costs are required
- If total costs are less than those forecast, only the costs evidenced by receipts may be reimbursed
- The Society cannot guarantee to make the funds available before the event, therefore early applications are encouraged
- The successful applicants must recognise the award on their website with a link to the Society website for a minimum of six months after receipt of the grant
- In the event of your application being unsuccessful, we are unable to provide feedback