Practical Skills Grant
To enable Early Career Members and Full and Early Career Nurse Members to visit other institutions.
These visits are to learn a technique or carry out experiments essential to projects, or for lab-based workshops to gain practical skills.
Deadlines for this grant are at 11:59 am BST Wed 30 October 2019
up to £2,000
- Early Career Members may apply after a minimum of six months' membership; Full Nurse Members may apply after a minimum of one year's membership at the date of application.
- If an applicant is not an academic or academic-related staff member, a letter of support is required from the principal investigator or clinical team leader.
How to apply
Please complete the Practical Skills Grant application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only applications from members based at a recognised higher education research institute and/or medical institute will be considered
- The Society requires a written report from the applicant (500 words max) focusing on how the award has improved/changed their career. This should be sent within 3 months after the end of the visit/attendance at workshop. This will be published on the Society's website. As we wish to highlight these awards, we may also publish the report in The Endocrinologist. Please send any relevant photos electronically along with the report.
- Grants cannot be awarded retrospectively
- Grants are considered by the Grants Panel whose decision is final and not subject to appeal
- Funds awarded are final and do not include overheads
- Funds are awarded on the understanding that they are used for the purpose stated in the application form. If support is obtained elsewhere or any part of the grant is unused, the balance will be refunded to the Society for Endocrinology.
- Resubmissions cannot be accepted
- The successful applicants must recognise the award on their departmental website with a link to the Society website for a minimum of six months after receipt of the grant
- Incomplete applications will not be considered