Regional Clinical Cases Meeting Grant
To support individuals and institutions who wish to organise meetings across the UK to share recent interesting and notable cases.
The format should allow maximum opportunity for valuable discussion and knowledge sharing within local areas.
Deadlines for this grant are at 11:59 am BST Wednesday 12 June 2019
up to £1,000
- Applicants must be Full, Associate or Nurse Members (minimum of one year's membership) or Clinician–in–Training Members (minimum of six months' membership)
- The applicant will normally be an academic or academic-related staff member. If not, a letter of support is required by the principal investigator or clinical team leader.
- Meetings are organised by members based in the UK
- There is no limit for the size of the meeting that can be held and size varies widely from meeting to meeting.
- The meeting should be endocrine related and provide a good forum for early career endocrinologists to present clinical cases.
- Meetings should to be open to endocrinologists and nurses from both inside and outside the host institution and should be publicised regionally.
- Early career scientists and clinicians should be especially encouraged to attend
- Those presenting clinical cases are encouraged to submit their case to the journal Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Case Reports(https://www.edmcasereports.com).
How to apply
Please complete a Regional Clinical Cases Meeting Grant application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The planning and logistical running of the the meeting using this grant is the responsibility of the successful grant awardee (the meeting organiser).
By applying, the organiser undertakes to comply with the following requirements:
- The meeting is endocrine-related
- The meeting is to be badged ‘supported by a Society for Endocrinology Regional Clinical Cases Meeting Grant
- The organiser is to provide appropriate SfE visibility (e.g. on event-related literature/printed materials, website and other appropriate material).
- The organiser is responsible for advertising the meeting regionally, as well as internally. Early Career clinicians are to be especially encouraged to attend
- A report suitable for publication in The Endocrinologist/on the Society website is to be provided within 1 month of the meeting. The Society reserves the right to publish successful applicants’ final reports. The final report should include attendee details including number and where possible their career stage and interest area.
- Keynote speakers may be approached by the Society to submit a review to one of the Society’s journals
- The successful applicant will recognise the award on their department website with a link to the Society website for a minimum of 6 months after receipt of the grant
- Encouragement to those presenting clinical cases to submit their clinical case to the journal Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Case Reports (edmcasereports.com/).
The Society will provide the following:
- Assistance in publicising the meeting via the communication of information to Society members and publication on the Society website
- The Society logo for use in event material
- Society promotional literature normally a week in advance of the event.
- The Society will not fund an individual centre more than once every three years
- Funds awarded are final and do not include overheads
- Funds are awarded on the understanding that they are used for the purpose stated in the application. If support is obtained elsewhere or any part of the grant is unused, the balance will be refunded to the Society
- Grants cannot be awarded retrospectively
- The decision of the Grants Panel is final and not subject to appeal