Themed Scientific Meeting Grant
To support members who wish to host a short, focused scientific meeting showcasing the best new science.
The meetings should aim to foster community across endocrinology professionals as well as share essential knowledge. The Society will support these events by publicising the event to members and by providing the Society logo and promotional literature for display.
Deadlines for this grant are at 11:59 am BST on Wed 29 May 2019
up to £10,000
- Themed Scientific Meetings should be 1–2 days, with a single theme, comprising presentations from established and emerging investigators and preferably hosted within the organiser's host institution to minimise overheads.
- As the meetings aim to encourage community building, it is advised events include free communications by poster and a networking lunch. Poster prizes are often an effective way to encourage emerging investigators.
- A registration fee should be levied; organisers are encouraged to seek external sponsorship to reduce the registration fee to a minimum.
- Society members may apply for a Travel Grant; normal conditions apply.
- Co-funding of meetings with other academic societies will be considered, but existing meeting series will not be supported.
How to apply
Complete the Themed Scientific Meeting Grant application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org Your application form should focus on explaining the scientific topics to be addressed, an outline schedule with potential speakers and likely venue.
- Funding is normally available for one grant per calendar year
- The Society will fund one-off events only and not a regular series of events or repeat events
- Applications are considered by the Society's Officers on the basis of scientific excellence, balance of speakers, benefit to members and strategic priorities. The decision is final and not subject to appeal
- The meeting is to be known as [Title of meeting] A Society for Endocrinology Themed Scientific Meeting
- The meeting must take place no more than 18 months after the application is accepted
- No funding will be provided to existing meetings
- The organiser is responsible for all aspects of the organisation and running of the event
- Applicants should be members of at least one year's standing at the time of application. The Clinical and Science Committees, Endocrine Networks and Society journal editorial boards are encouraged to submit proposals
- Honorary and Senior Members are not eligible to apply for grants
- All meeting materials will recognise Society support and endorsement; a logo will be provided
- The applicant will provide a report in a standard format and suitable for publication in The Endocrinologist no later than one month after the meeting
- The Society may approach key note speakers to ask them to submit a review to one of the Society’s journals.