Endocrine Nurse Award
To recognise individuals who have demonstrated innovative and successful nurse-led initiatives in the endocrine field that have advanced best practice in patient care, education or research.
Winners of the Endocrine Nurse Award will receive:
- the opportunity to gain recognition for their work, presenting at Endocrine Nurse Update
- complimentary registration and travel allowance for Endocrine Nurse Update
- an honorarium of £1,000
- the opportunity to publish an article detailing their work in the Society's quarterly magazine The Endocrinologist.
DeadlineThe deadline for this year's award is 24 August 2018
An honorarium of £1,000
- The award is open to all endocrine nurses who are Society members and involved in the care of patients with endocrine disorders, either working individually or as part of a team. Nominees must be qualified nurses and registered to practise.
- Nominees must have undertaken a project/ piece of work which demonstrates a measurable impact upon endocrine nursing practice.
- Relevant projects may cover any aspect of endocrine nursing. Examples include: development of a resource for patients, clinic management initiative, best practice development, community liaison education, nurse prescribing or medication management, use of technology to improve nursing care, research innovation.
2017 Veronica Kieffer, Leicester
How to apply
If you are nominating someone else, please check with your nominee and obtain confirmation from them that, if selected, they will present a talk on the project at the relevant Endocrine Nurse Update and provide an article for The Endocrinologist.
A completed Endocrine Nurse Award application form should be supported by:
- a statement (under 1000 words) detailing the significance and impact of the project undertaken.
- a statement (up to 200 words), from a manager/supervisor, explaining the contribution of the nurse and verifying the nominee’s statement.
- Nominees must be qualified nurses working in Endocrinology and registered to practise
- The award is open to all endocrine nurses who are members of the Society and who are involved in the care of patients with endocrine disorders, either working individually or as part of a team
- The project must be the nominees own work, either as an individual or as the leader of a team project
- Each nomination (or self-nomination) should be supported by a statement of no more than 1000 words detailing the significance and impact of the project
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a statement (up to 200 words), from a manager/supervisor, explaining the contribution of the nurse and verifying the nominee’s statement
- Nominations will be judged/reviewed by the Nurse Committee and the recommendations presented to the Nominations Committee
- The awardee will be invited to the Society’s Endocrine Nurse Update to receive their award and to deliver a plenary lecture on the project. The awardee will also be asked to write an article for The Endocrinologist
- The decision of the judges/Nominations Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.