The Futures and Skills series
At SfE BES 2015, the Society launched our Futures sessions, to provide students, graduates, and trainees with advice on progressing to the next step in their endocrine career.
The sessions featured first-hand testimonials and panel discussions from senior colleagues and peers, covering practical tips on overcoming common hurdles on the career ladder. You can now watch the 2015 sessions below.
Futures 1: Branching out with Endocrinology
- Insights into career patterns for graduates of a biological sciences degree
- From postdoc to P.I. – transition to independence
- The secret life of a core facilities manager
Futures 2: Overcoming the Consultancy Hurdle
- Perspective of a next generation consultant
- Perspective of an established consultant – Thoughts from a dinosaur
- Research pathways in endocrinology
Futures 3: Why Endocrinology and Diabetes?
- What endocrinology did for me – from a consultant’s perspective
- The good, the bad, and the ugly? Let me tell you how it is – from a trainee’s perspective
- An Endocrinology Club in your medical school
Futures 4: My Future Career in Endocrinoogy
- What has endocrinology done for me?
- Endocrine careers: a trainee’s view
- Why, where and when to do endocrinology research
Futures 5: Mapping your route through the Research Funding maze
- Maximising your chances in fellowship applications; writing and interviewing
- Starter grants and building your pilot data
Visit the Society for Endocrinology YouTube channel for more videos!